Wednesday, March 4, 2009

E.T.

I had seen E.T. before, many years ago when I was a kid. It scared me a lot then and it still kind of gave me the frights this time. The movie opens with mysterious, creepy music where you first see E.T. I could imagine that watching this movie for the first time 1982 would be somewhat firghtening and would keep you on the edge of your seat, wondering what this story will be about. The music at the beginning keeps the audience curious and interested in creature. I beleive the music fits a beyond-this-world, alien theme.
The music in the film is somewhat childlike, created by orchestral music. Woodwinds are most common throughout the movie. When the movie becomes more exhilarating and axciting, the full orchestra comes in. The music throughout the movie is relatively light and smooth. At the end of the film, an underscore lasts for a long period of time with a wide variety of feelings represented: happiness, sadness, awe and adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment